[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk clustering with SIP proxy?

Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk roy at karlsbakk.net
Mon Sep 5 05:40:39 MST 2005

hi

i've heard it should be possible, but i can't find out how...

I want to configure a bunch of asterisk boxes to do SIP/PSTN
connectivity, and I need SER or something to do some balancing in
front of them. The requirements are listed below.

  * SER MUST accept and load balance incoming calls over n asterisk
boxes (anything between 2 and 20 servers depending on installation)
  * If SER forwards a call to a server being busy or down, SER SHOULD
retry on another server
  * SER SHOULD balance the number of calls to each server based on
the codec used so single servers will not be overloaded by
transcoding costs.
  * If possible, SER SHOULD be able to fail over to another SER box
if SER fails.

Does anyone know if this is possible? I'd gladly pay someone to help
me out here...

roy