[Asterisk-Users] DTMF issue on IVR

larry lin lar_lin at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:18:45 MST 2005

Hi All,

  I encountered a DTMF problem. We have an IVR built on Asterisk 1.0.7 with
RedHat 9. When the caller calls into our IVR, and IVR plays the first prompt
and asks caller to dial four-digit extension. Caller has to dial slowly,
otherwise, Asterisk cannot recognize the extension number. I look at the
trace on Asterisk CLI and there are missing digit in the middle of string.
ex, caller dials 3114, I can see 314 or 34 on CLI. I think the Asterisk
barge-in response is vary slow, it usually takes half a second or so for the
voice prompt to stop after the first key is hit. If a second key is hit when
the prompt is still playing, this key will be missed and will not feed into
the Asterisk IVR. However, Asterisk will be able to recognize all the keys
if you wait long enough between the 1st key and 2nd key (and you can hit as
fast as you can between 2nd, 3rd & 4th key).
   I searched the wiki and did not find any related information. Is there a
way to set the barge-in response time or how many keys you can buffer before
the prompt is stopped ?

   Please advise,

  Thanks and Regards,

Larry