[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk SMS via IAX2?

Henry Junior henryjunior at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 08:34:22 MST 2005

In v1.2beta1, README.sms mentions that SMS() allows sending and
receiving of text messages over the PSTN (and that it's not likely to
work over a compressed link.)  I think this likely answers my
following question, but I wanted to ask because maybe someone has
accomplished this:

Is it possible to route an incoming SMS via a PSTN terminated IAX2
trunk using SMS()?  Ideally, I'd like to pass off any incoming SMS to
my VoIP line to Kannel for further handling.  Can this be done, if
so, how?

Cheers, HJ