[Asterisk-Users] HELP - How Do I Separate incoming channels from the others on a PRI

Derrick Stensrud dstensrud at worleyco.com
Sun Sep 4 05:39:52 MST 2005

Okay, here is the background.  I have a PRI with 15 active channels on
it.  I originally setup all of them in group=1 and all outgoing and
incoming calls used this group.  The phone number that I have associated
with these channels ends with 750 and that is how I direct the calls.
i.e. In my extensions.conf I have:

exten => 750,1,Dial(SIP/120,20)

All this works fine.  Now I have the need to separate out three of the
channels (13-15).  I am using the associated phone number ending in 767
for this purpose.  I have currently changed the zapata.conf to look like
this:

signalling=pri_cpe
switchtype=national
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=yes
callerid=asreceived
group=1
context=default
channel=>1-12
group=2
context=fax
channel=>13-15

To my understanding this is supposed to separate channels 1-12 into
group 1 and channels 13-15 into group 2.  If that is true, that's fine,
but it doesn't help me with my current issue.  This is what I would
like...   When a call comes into the phone number ending in 750 it uses
up the 12 channels in the first group, and when a call comes into the
phone number ending in 767 it uses the 3 channels in group 2 AND USES NO
MORE CHANNELS, only those three.  The reason for all of this is that I
have faxing through asterisk working and want those last three channels
used for faxing but I do not want the fax lines eating up all my
channels and leaving none for voice calls.  My Company has evacuated from Hurricane Katrina and any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.