[Asterisk-Users] I connected my quicknet phonejack to the wall phone outlet and .......

cmisip cmisip at mchsi.com
Sat Sep 3 14:20:19 MST 2005

waited for the aroma of burnt electronics.  There wasn't any so I went
to the next room and plugged in a telephone on the wall outlet.  I
picked up the handset and it rang my asterisk box.

I dont have any phone service.

The phone is working fine and have used it for hours listening to
podcasts.  And I can plug it to any phone in the house.

Now I am thinking if I can plug another phone somewhere else in the
house so I can have one in the kitchen too.  Do you think this is asking
for trouble?
Assuming nothing gets fried, what happens if both handsets are picked
up?  Will the one phone just work as an extension.

Thanks.