[Asterisk-Users] chan_capi [0.4.0|-cm-0.5.4] and Asterisk 1.2.0-beta1 - early B3 not early enough sometimes

Gary Hawkins asterisk.users at garysoft.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 01:46:42 MST 2005

Hi,

I've just installed Asterisk 1.2.0-beta1 for the first time and downloaded
chan_capi and compiled it in and run it.  (For comparison purposes, I've
tried this with both chan_capi-0.4.0PRE1 and chan_capi-cm-0.5.4 and
chan_capi-cm latest CVS).  Whilst most things are fine, it seems that if I
specify the 'b' parameter in the dial string before the number, sometimes
the early B3 isn't early enough or not there at all.  From the limited
tests that I did last night, it would appear that it seems to depend on
which carrier I use to make the call on my BRI line (I am based in the UK,
and have a BT ISDN2e line).  If I use my CPS provider to make the call, I
get full early B3 including the ringing tone passed through from the
exchange.  If I route the call through BT by using the 1280 prefix, I do
not get ringing tone at all and only get the sound through when either (a)
a recorded anouncement is played or (b) the call is answered.

What is more strange is that early B3 has been flawless whilst using
Asterisk 1.0.x (currently 1.0.9) and chan_capi-0.3.5 (that is, it does the
right thing in all cases.)  So I'm making the assumption here that it
probably isn't the fault of the telephone companies.  Has anyone else come
across this?  Is it a bug in chan_capi?

TIA
Gary H

--