[Asterisk-Users] Notification of new voicemail by various methods

Johann johann.hoehn at ecommerce.com
Fri Sep 2 13:47:17 MST 2005

That would actually be kinda easy to do.  Create an extension/menu that
puts the person in voicemail or whatever else you want it to do.  Create
a script that is run from crontab that looks for new voicemail.  If
there is a new voicemail it creates a call file to the cell number.  The
call file puts them in the extension that puts them in voicemail menu or
whatever else you want.

If you want it to IM you, then create a script that can send you a
message on whatever IM client you are using(there should be a few
examples on google).  Simply have the crontab script call this for the
desired affect.

--johann