[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk for Voicemail Server

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Fri Sep 2 13:23:28 MST 2005

Been there done that too. Good old BT branded gear.

Its the same thing. A T1/E1 in the PBX connected via a crossover cable
to the * server.

As for the 4 extensions listed below, I think I know what your engineer
is talking about. A classic VM system consumes "ports" in the PBX. Your
client has had to give away 4 of these to the VM system. My guess is
that there's some sort of data (ADSI??) that goes along with the call
when it lights up one of the VM ports.

Mark

Sean Cook wrote:
> I am looking to do a similar thing with a merlin legend system.  Anyone
> done this before?  We are looking to pay for services (hoping that will
> get some attension :)  ).
>
> Please contact me about this if you have experience with Merlin Legend
> and asterisk voicemail.
>
> On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:48 -0400, Jonathan k. Creasy wrote:
>
>>They are running out of mailboxes.
>>
>>I didn't think it sounded right either. I haven't seen the equipment but
>>from what I've been told by another engineer here who normally works
>>with this customer the current voicemail system is connected to the
>>meridian as 4 extensions on the meridian system.
>>
>>I would have thought that the T1/E1 interface is what they would need.
>>
>>They currently have an indicator light on the phone but I told him that
>>as far I knew if they went this route the voicemail would arrive in
>>their email box or they would have to login to see if they had any. I
>>didn't see any way to get the info to the phones either.
>>
>>-Jonathan

Mark, G7LTT/KC2ENI
Randolph, NJ
http://www.g7ltt.com