[Asterisk-Users] How to locate Toll Free Ownership

calvis calvis at itechgroup.com
Fri Sep 2 10:41:14 MST 2005

How do you find out what company owns a certain 877 number?  Currently it is
disconnected and I have a friend that wants acquire it and port it to my
system.  I have Googled and have found people that do this for a living, but
surely there must be an easy way to find out without paying a couple hundred
dollars.

Sorry for this not really being Asterisk related, but there might be some
telecom people on the list that might point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

-Calvis