[Asterisk-Users] G711u sound quality decrease with upgrade from 1.0.7 to CVS-HEAD?

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 07:13:35 MST 2005

Hi,
I was running asterisk 1.0.7 but we've upgraded now to CVS-HEAD.
I've noticed this.. and several people have commented that audio
quality seems to have gone down hill.   Just going
phone-->asterisk-->PRI.   I've not changed the configuration files
during the upgrade.

sip.conf is:
allow=ulaw
allow=ilbc
allow=g726
allow=g729
allow=g723.1

And all the phones had been using ulaw before.  The audio is not bad..
but sounds much more like a cell phone (Even with ulaw G711u) and
'under water'.

Any thoughts?