[Asterisk-Users] TE406P seg fault on Stable

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 20:07:12 MST 2005

I received a TE406P card from Digium yesterday and have done several tests
on it and cannot get it working reliably with any Stable release or even CVS
v1.0.

What are other people that are using the TE406P card using for an Asterisk
version?

I tried 1.2.0 beta1 and it seemed to function well except for an unrelated
issue with the beta release where the manager interface chokes under
multiple simultaneous connections being created (an issue I plan on
researching after I figure the other issues out)

Asterisk CVS Stable will seg fault within 15 minutes of starting it up every
time.

This is the message I get on CVS Stable v1.0 after backtracing the core dump
of the seg fault:
#0 0x080a726a in ast_dsp_digitdetect (dsp=0x0, inf=0x81278e8) at dsp.c:1053
1053 ast_log(LOG_WARNING, "Can't check call progress of non-voice
frames\n");

and Release 1.0.9(zaptel 1.0.9.1 <http://1.0.9.1>) does not seem to
recognize the card enough to take the spans out of red alarm.

I'm going to try to post a bug tomorrow after doing more tests.

Thanks,

MATT---