[Asterisk-Users] Fwd: asterisk in Taiwan

Lance Grover lance.grover at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 19:44:56 MST 2005

On 8/31/05, Keith Caldwell <keithcal at ublug.org> wrote:

> I don't think the c is for check, I think its for confirm.

Yes it is, thank you for pointing this out, I now understand where my
problem was for calls getting cut off.

Also as a side note for troubleshooting I find that connecting to the
> asterisk console while making a call with verbose output really
> helps. (asterisk -vvvvvvvr) which sets the verbosity to 7

I do this all the time, but thank you for not being afraid of staiting it.

>From www.voip-info.org <http://www.voip-info.org> on zap channels
>
> If the letter c follows, then "Answer Confirmation" is requested, in
> which the call is not considered answered until the called user
> presses #.

I didn't know this, the asterisk book wasn't clear on it, I should have
looked on voip-info for confirmation before I implimented it.

Are you checking to see if the line is in use?

> I use
>
> exten => _91800NXXXXXX,1,ChanIsAvail(Zap/4)
> exten => _91800NXXXXXX,2,Dial(zap/4/ww${EXTEN:1})
> exten => _91800NXXXXXX,102,congestion

Yes I am, thank you for this.

g: select the lowest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. ascending
> sequential hunt group).
> G: select the highest-numbered non-busy Zap channel (aka. descending
> sequential hunt group).
> r: use a round-robin search, starting at the next highest channel
> than last time (aka. ascending rotary hunt group).
> R: use a round-robin search, starting at the next lowest channel than
> last time (aka. descending rotary hunt group).
>
> For example, if you have defined channel group 2 as containing Zap
> channels 1, 2, 5 and 8, and the last round-robin search for this
> group (group 2) began searching from channel 5, this is the order of
> searching that the Zap channel module will use for the four possible
> selection methods:
>
> Dial(Zap/g2...): Looks in order 1, 2, 5, 8
> Dial(Zap/G2...): Looks in order 8, 5, 2, 1
> Dial(Zap/r2...): Looks in order 8, 1, 2, 5
> Dial(Zap/R2...): Looks in order 2, 1, 8, 5

It is amazing, I have about 5 different asterisk servers around the world
and I haven't spent the time to find out how this is done, thank you.

--
Thanks,

Lance Grover