[Asterisk-Users] How to set CLIR when using call files ?

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 16:40:41 MST 2005

Hi all,
 A few days ago I found out with help of some of you guys how to set CLIR.
(Calling line identification restriction) My first idea was to use the
keypad protocol to set the CLIR with dialing *31* before the number but this
was not possible.
 So thanks to Damon Estep I got it to work with executing
'SetCallerPres(prohib)' before the dial command. This works perfectly! But
now for my new issue:
 I want to use the CLIR for automated dial out like described on
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+auto-dial+out
 There is no way (at least I was not able to find it yet) to execute the
'SetCallerPres(prohib)' before the automatic dial initiated by the call
file. So my number is again visible at the called party and this is not my
intention. So how should I do this? (if the keypad protocol worked it should
have been simple because I could put the CLIR function in the to be dialed
number but this doesnt work as I said)
 I tried the following:
1) Normal callfile, as described does show my number to the called party.
----------------------
2) Callfile using local channel -> does'nt work (details below)
 Channel: Local/50 at localchanneldefs
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 300
WaitTime: 45
Context: outbound_callbackservice
Extension: s
exten => 50,1,SetCallerPres(prohib)
exten => 50,2,Dial(Zap/4/0612345678)
 [outbound_callbackservice]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Playback(themessage)
 Asterisk logging:
===============
 -- Attempting call on Local/50 at localchanneldefs/n for
s at outbound_callbackservice:1 (Retry 1)
-- Executing SetCallerPres("Local/50 at localchanneldefs-8f73,2", "prohib") in
new stack
-- Executing Dial("Local/50 at localchanneldefs-8f73,2", "Zap/4/0612345678") in
new stack
-- Requested transfer capability: 0x00 - SPEECH
-- Called 4/0612345678
-- Zap/4-1 is making progress passing it to Local/50 at localchanneldefs-8f73,2
-- Zap/4-1 is ringing
3) Callfile with SetCallerPres(prohib) as Application in callfile:
  Channel: Zap/4/0612345678 <Local/50 at localchanneldefs>
Application: SetCallerPres