[Asterisk-Users] Fax trouble with HP 3330mfp (again)

Remco Barende asterisk at barendse.to
Thu Sep 1 10:56:11 MST 2005

I'm using Asterisk 1.09 with bristuff 0.2.0-RC8n, one BRI line and a
Sipura SPA-2000. I have a HP LaserJet 3330mfp all-in-one. I can receive
faxes but not send them. The faxes start whistling to each other but the
transmission is stopped with a "communication error"

To receive a fax I have this in my dialplan:
exten => 0000000000,1,Ringing
exten => 0000000000,2,zapEC(off)   ; disable EC on the incoming channel
exten => 0000000000,3,SetCIDNum(${PRI_NETWORK_CID})
exten => 0000000000,4,LookupCIDName
exten => 0000000000,5,Dial(${FAX})

To send a fax I use these options:
exten => _9.,1,Dial(ZAP/g1md/${EXTEN:1},70,rdT)
exten => _9.,2,Macro(fastbusy)

I'm puzzled why I can receive faxes but not send them. The HP is capable
of 14k4 transmission speeds (and I think even higher) but why wouldn't
that be a show stopper to receive faxes?

In the firmware of the HP I cannot discover an option to limit the tx/rx
speed.

Any hints on what I am doing wrong greatly appreciated. Is there another
way to force the faxes to try 9k6 as the max speed or does my dialplan
have mistakes?

Thanks!!