[Asterisk-Users] detecting extensions in use

Eric "Skippy" Hope ehope at intrex.net
Thu Sep 1 09:16:03 MST 2005

Michiel van Baak wrote:

>On 17:22, Wed 31 Aug 05, Eric Skippy Hope wrote:
>

>>We're using 1.0.9 and the powers that be are wary of moving beyond
>>stable.  If I'm reading the wiki correctly, incominglimit is to limit
>>the calls coming _from_ the extension and coming into the server, and
>>outgoinglimit is commented out in the source code.  The recomendation is
>>to use SetGroup and CheckGroup for this, but they don't work correctly
>>when ringing multiple lines.
>>
>>I'd be happy to loop through all of the possible extensions, check each
>>one to see if it has a call, and if not put into a variable to be dialed
>>at the end, but how do I tell if an extension is involved in a call?
>>

>Hi,
>
>Did you read that page totally?

I guess not!  :)

>I think the trick with the local/ construct with /n at the
>end can be the solution.
>We use this to check every extension against our Groupware's
>calendar database to see if a user has a meeting and doesn't
>want to take calls.
>Dial(Local/13 at internalphones/n&Local/14 at internalphons/n);
>That way we can do totally different stuff depending on the
>extension in the contect internalphones.
>You should be able to do a setgroup/checkgroup on all the
>local channels :)

Thats exactly what I needed.  Thank you very much.  You've saved me from
a headache.

If anyone else can use it, the section looks like:
[macro-allextens];
exten => s,1,SetGroup(${ARG1}ACTIVE)
exten => s,2,CheckGroup(1)
exten => s,3,Dial(${ARG1},120)
exten => s,4,Hangup
exten => s,104,Playtones(busy)
exten => s,105,Busy

[sales-line]
exten => s,1,SetCIDName(SALES)
exten =>
s,2,Dial(Local/x01 at sales-line/n&Local/x02 at sales-line/n&Local/x03 at sales-line/n&Local/x04 at sales-line/n&Local/x05 at sales-line/n)
exten => x01,1,Macro(stdexten-test,${X301})
exten => x02,1,Macro(stdexten-test,${X302})
exten => x03,1,Macro(stdexten-test,${X303})
exten => x04,1,Macro(stdexten-test,${X304})
exten => x05,1,Macro(stdexten-test,${X305})

-skippy