[Asterisk-Users] /etc/init.d/asterisk barfing

Steve Hanselman SteveH at brendata.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 06:12:06 MST 2005

Sorry, went of at a tangent (that's what you get for half reading emails
I guess!)

Ok, guess the easiest thing to do is to check in the contrib directory,
diff your one against the redhat (are you running redhat?)

Mine is the same and it works fine, maybe you're running an outdated
init script.

Still worth trying the strace against the service command, at least
it'll give you an idea of what it's trying to do.

One last thing, did it work and then stop working or is this a fresh
install and it's never worked?

Steve