[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000 Poor sound Quality

Aaron W walsham at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 06:00:53 MST 2005

I have upgraded the GXP-2000 to the newest firmware
1.0.1.12<http://1.0.1.12>and the phone is much more usable However, I
still have two slight sound
quality issues:

1) There is static on the line at all times. It is not that noticable to me,
but when I make calls out the PSTN the person on the other end hears it. If
I use a Cisco ATA with an analog phone and call the same person again the
static goes away, so I believe it is phone related.

2) When I call a non-voip phone when I stop talking (ie at the end of every
sentence) the person on the other end hears some feedback/buzzing for a
moment.

Is anyone else using this phone and experiencing these issues? Has anyone
else tried the GXP-2000 and decided to buy a different VoIP that they were
impressed with (without spending too much money)?

We have one GXP-2000 in house, and are trying to decided what phone to
standardize on before we start rolling out them out to the users.

Thanks,
Aaron