[Asterisk-Users] Snom 360 and hints

Jeff Brownlee jeff.brownlee at digerati.net
Thu Sep 1 05:24:58 MST 2005

PH> I am setting up a snom 360, and the lights come on OK when the mapped
PH> user makes an outgoing call, but when the user takes an incoming call
PH> the light does not come on.

PH> I do not want to install the bristuff patch if possible.
PH> (although I can see that with the devstate command I can make the lights
PH> do whatever I want)

First, ensure that the 360 has "Filter Packets from Registrar" turned off (under Advanced).  Next, make sure you have hint priorities setup for each of the extensions you are trying to monitor.  With both of these in place, you should see an entry for each extension you are monitoring when you do "sip show subscriptions" from the * CLI.  If not, rinse and repeat the above steps.  Also, you may want to manually recycle power on the 360 if you happen to reset asterisk for any reason (reload extensions, etc), as it will lose all the subscriptions and have to wait until the phones resend the subscription.

-Jeff