[Asterisk-Users] Why ZAPATA inserting pause before last digit, during dialing? GRRRRR....

Goran Dj. pisac at hotpop.com
Thu Sep 1 03:39:50 MST 2005

> I want to speed-up dialing on X101P clone (Ambient modem). I probably
> must change wcfxo.c, but what line to change?

I found what to change: digits.h line 23
from
#define DEFAULT_DTMF_LENGTH 100 * 8
#define DEFAULT_DTMF_LENGTH 50 * 8
and my dialling is now much faster.

But, I have new question:
Before last digit, there is always inserted pause (500ms) or maybe two
(1000ms). I don't use pause anywhere in my dial-plan, so, why is
inserted and dialled? To test is that really a pause or something else,
I changed line 25
from
#define PAUSE_LENGTH  500 * 8
#define PAUSE_LENGTH  2000 * 8
and, guess what, now I have 4sec pause before last digit is played.

How to get rid of it? I can maybe "#define PAUSE_LENGTH 0 * 8" but that
this is very dirty solution.