[Asterisk-Users] How to require a keypress on answer?

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu Sep 1 01:46:22 MST 2005

[apologies if this comes through twice - the original
doesn't seem to have shown up even after 16 hours]

In the handling of agents, when using AgentCallbackLogin, a call placed to
an agent needs to be accepted by the agent pressing the '#' key.

I'm trying to replicate that kind of operation in a non-agent scenario: I
want to call Dial() from my dialplan, play an announcement to the called
party if they answer, and then for the dialplan to be able to tell if the
called party pressed a key or not. This is for an alarm application to
know it got through to a person and not just an answering machine.

I've tried using the M() option to call a macro, but any channel variables
created in the macro are created in the called channel and not the calling
channel, so I can't use them to pass status back to the dialplan.

This is on a system running Asterisk 1.0.

Any ideas gratefully received!

Cheers
Tony
--