[Asterisk-Users] SCCP support is making good progress

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Mon Oct 31 14:34:22 MST 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Wayne wrote:

> Stefan Gofferje wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> whoever owns a Cisco phone and is unhappy about slow firmware,
>> incomplete XML support etc... should really have a look at Sergio
>> Chersovani's rewrite of chan-sccp!
>
> Ok - I'll give it a go :) - Just one problem... My phones have been
> converted to SIP - and I dont have skinny to put back! Can you even
> swap these things back again?!
>
> Wayne.

Well, Asterisk at Home has a pretty handy Cisco configuration generator
if your phone is already running SIP firmware. That will generate the
files you need in your /tftpboot directory. (The two biggies are
SIPDefault.cnf and SIP<MAC>.cnf, where <MAC> is the MAC address of
the phone)

Look this up on the wiki, there's a good deal of info there.

Tom