[Asterisk-Users] zap group channels

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Mon Oct 31 12:40:48 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:

>Assuming you are using the TDM card, there is no code in asterisk to detect whether a pstn line is connected/disconnected, nor does it listen for dialtone before dialing.

And for some reason this isn't considered a SEVERE defect?

If the battery on the line disappears, a RED alarm appears on the console.
I would think it should be a simple matter to report that and go to the
next member of the group.

Dialtone detection is certainly more of a problem, but if 10-20 modems
are able to do it . . .

Will these defects simply be ignored  while more and more advanced
features are added?

JN