[Asterisk-Users] FXS Disconnect Supervision (Kewlstart / Open Loop Disconnect)

David Stude dstude at receptec.net
Mon Oct 31 06:37:56 MST 2005

Hello,

For the past week or so, I've been looking everywhere for information
about disconnect supervision and have come to the following conclusion:
there is a plethora of information available on RECEIVING disconnect
supervision signaling via an FXO port on analog cards like Voicetronix
and Digium.  However, there is very little available about providing
disconnect supervision signaling via an FXS port.

Here's some general (the most comprehensive I've found) information:
http://www.sandman.com/cpcbull.html

The upshot of this is that I'm trying to connect a Norstar MICS system,
which has FXO analog ports, to our new Asterisk system, using FXS ports.
The Norstar only recognizes disconnect supervision and, otherwise, will
not free up the line unless explicitly told to do so, so it's necessary
for me to provide that signal from a FXS port on a card that's ready for
use in Asterisk.  I've already used one card and, at least until now,
have not had any success.

Can anyone provide any information or experience regarding this or
advise me on another solution?

-David Stude