[Asterisk-Users] can't add zap channels to a group

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 01:48:18 MST 2005

I've asterisk 1.0.7 (debian package) with zaptel 1.2-beta1 (to avoid the
"rmmod hangs the server" problem already discussed here).
The card is a digium TE410P, configured in this way :

/etc/zaptel.conf
span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

span=3,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=63-77
dchan=78
bchan=79-93

span=4,1,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=94-108
dchan=109
bchan=110-124

loadzone=it
defaultzone=it

(span 2 has problems at the physical level, so I've disabled it,
enabling it gives the same results and a lot of red alarms)

I want to group spans number 1, 2 and 3 and leave span 4 in a separate
group, so :

/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
language=it
context=default
switchtype=euroisdn
pridialplan=national
prilocaldialplan=national
signalling=pri_cpe
callerid=asreceived
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
usecallingpres=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0

group=1
channel => 1-15
channel => 17-31
channel => 63-77
channel => 79-93

group=2
channel => 94-108
channel => 110-124

and in /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf :
exten => _1001X.,1,NoOp(EXTEN: ${EXTEN}, SIPCALLID: ${SIPCALLID})
exten => _1001X.,2,SetAccount(N01)
exten => _1001X.,3,Dial(Zap/G1/${EXTEN:4})
exten => _1001X.,4,Hangup

But when the first span is full, no more dials are made on the other
channels, and if I use g2 (tied to 1002 prefix in the same way) I get a
"can't create zap chan, everyone is busy/congested)

If I Dial(Zap/3-63/${EXTEN}) for test I get an "unknown option -" ...
isn't that the syntax to dial a specific chan on a specific span ?

I looked everywere in the wiki and all seems to confirm the correctness
of my config files, but clearly something must be wrong ...

(when I start asterisk it shows the setup for all the channels, also zap
show channels shows them all)