[Asterisk-Users] sip show peers

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Oct 31 01:44:10 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 16:33 +0800, Ronald Wiplinger wrote:
> Sip show peers includes the line:
>
> 602/602                    (Unspecified)    D   N      0        UNKNOWN
>

> However, I can call it? Should not peer means if it is reachable?

I dont quite understand the question, I think there is a language issue
(ie english is not your first language).  Anyway, I will try to answer.

The UNKNOWN refers to the ping time to that peer.  To enable that you
have to have a 'qualify=yes' in your configuration.  The Unspecified
means that there isnt an IP address specified for that peer.  Which
would seem odd given that you say you can call it.  I dont know enough
about how you have it set up, if you have it such that you set the IP
address it can try when a call comes it and succeed but it doesnt show
becuase you didnt register one with the other.

Does that answer your question?

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378