[Asterisk-Users] zap group channels

Robert Roach robert.roach at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 20:05:04 MST 2005

Hi,

Am having a problem with Zap group channels.  Wondering if anyone has
seen the same and if there is a quick solution.

I have  bonded multiple zap channels to a group for outbound calling,
e.g. channels 3 and 4 are in Zap/g2.

We have an intermittent problem with our PSTN provider in that from time
to time the POTS line on channel 3 is not operative i.e. no dial tone.
The problem resolves itself after a few hours usually and we're back to
normal.

The problem is that during the outage, Asterisk doesn't recognize that
there is no dial tone on channel 3 and still passes the call to that
channel.  Obviously the call is never completed and the caller has no
idea why.  I have tried to alter the order that Asterisk chooses
outbound channels but haven't had any success.  So, my questions are:

1) How to force asterisk to choose the order of lines in a channel
group, and
2) If there is a conf variable that will effect asterisk in a way so
that it recognizes there is no dial tone on a line.

Am using the basic zapata.conf for asterisk example config, with
following channel specific settings

; FXO lines (incoming from PSTN)
context=pstn-in
group=2