[Asterisk-Users] Can anyone explain reason for this echo

Eric Bishop asterisk.eric at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 15:44:58 MST 2005

Our configuration is as follows:

SIP phones -> TE410P -> PSTN

When a SIP handset makes a call to other ISDN numbers - no problem.
When a SIP handset make a call to analogue numbers - echo.

I know for certain that the problem is at our end. Why?

If I call our Asterisk box via Disa and then place a call to one of the
problem analogue numbers (native Zap bridge) I don't get any echo. So the
echo seems to occur only when using a SIP handset and making a call to an
analogue number.

Can anyone provide a logical explanation for this?