[Asterisk-Users] SCCP support is making good progress

Stefan Gofferje stefan at gofferje.homelinux.org
Sun Oct 30 15:33:40 MST 2005

Chris Bagnall schrieb:
>>Getting chan_sccp from Sergio to work is really easy. The
>>distro contains a well documented sample config and - as I
>>wrote before - there are lots of info in the chan-sccp-users
>>mailing list archive.
>

> Yep, I've just tried chan_sccp with the 7960 I have here and it appears to
> work fine (original factory firmware, since it appears I'm going to have to
> find a service contract just to download the damned updated firmware which
> any sane manufacturer would provide with the product - unless anyone wants
> to contact me off-list - nudge, nudge, wink, wink)
>
> How does one go about making changes to the display on the phone? So far, my
> lower soft buttons hae labels like "<P>&nbsp;", and apart from the single
> line I defined in sccp.conf I have an almost blank display. Is there a good
> guide to where to change various bits of the display (labels and so on)?

The softbutton problem sounds like a really old firmware...
Softbuttons are controller by the channel. They have functions like DND,
newCall, EndCall, etc... The line buttons can be configured as
speeddials which can use the asterisk hint system for status monitoring.
The sample config shows how.
I also suggest, you browse the mailinglist archives at
http://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/chan-sccp-users/

> Probably a stupid question, but does this thing have a backlight?

7960? Nope... 7970 has.

Regards,
Stefan

--
  (o_   Stefan Gofferje            | SCLT, MCP
  //\   Reg'd Linux User #247167   | VCP #2263