[Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as trunk - no caller ID

Anders Svensson anders at bobascom.com
Sun Oct 30 09:43:27 MST 2005

Have you read this?

http://voipspeak.net/index.php?option=c . d=99999999

Anders

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Ben Higley
Sent: den 30 oktober 2005 16:12
To: john at argv.co.uk; Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as trunk - no caller ID

I am trying to do the SIPURA-3000 as an incoming pstn trunk. I found the
how-to on the geekgazette as well, however, my sipura-3000 only just sits
and rings and rings and rings. I have set up the peer and the user values,
as per the configuration, and when I look at the web status info page of
the spa3000 it just says ringing ringing ringing. If I turn on
ring-thru-to-line-1 and set it to yes, then the phone rings, but i cannot
for the life of me get it to go into the extension that i have defined on
the asterisk system.

Could someone assist me with this?

Thanks.

> Kerry Garrison wrote:
>> A phone plugged into it will grab the CID on about the second ring and I
>> have adjusted the SPA3000 out to 5 rings with no difference. What gets
>> passed to asterisk is whatever is set in the 3000's Display Name field.
>> If
>> the Display Name field is blank, then nothing comes across and the
>> phones
>> display 'Unknown'. I have been wondering if there is a variable you can
>> put
>> into the display field. There are some fields that use variables like
>> $PROXY
>> and $NOTIFY, of course simply trying $CID uses '$CID' as the caller ID.
>
> You don't need any clever manipulation tricks with the current firmware.
>   Have you got PSTN CID for VOIP CID set to yes ?
>
> jd
>
> --
>
> John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
> argv[0] limited
> Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
> v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: