[Asterisk-Users] Access to channel data...

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:57:01 MST 2005

Hi - am looking for someone who can help me understand how to get access to
channel data via AGI.

My objective is to write an AGI Script to monitor channel status on an
originated call prior to passing it to a queue.

Current approach:

1. Originate via AMI...

set msg(Channel) "Local/1128 at default-agi/n"
set msg(Exten) "0021$numberDial"
set msg(Account) $agentid
set msg(Callerid) $axtn
set msg(Priority) 1

[default-agi]
exten => _1128,1,agi(OutBoundCall.agi)
exten => _0021X.,1,Dial(IAX2/id:secret at provider/${EXTEN},20,g)

2. Capture channel status via agi then initiate transfer into a queue

but.... channel data returning into my AGI script appears a little removed
from the action...

Local/1128-abcd,1 rings Local/1128-abcd,2

I issue ANSWER from AGI and see data associated with Local/1128-abcd,2

however, the oubbound channel is IAX/provider-1 which is bridged with
Local/1128-abcd,1
according to "show channels verbose", and my AGI is looking at
Local/1128-abcd,2

What I'd really like to see is the status when IAX/provider-1 gets linked or
achieves progress.
The plan is to detect this in the AGI and initiate a transfer into a queue
at this point.

If no progress is made in connecting the call, I want to drop it
programmatically.

If anyone could point me in the direction of some additional docco that
might
help nudge me in the right direction, I would be very grateful.

cheers,

Mark Edwards.