[Asterisk-Users] Play music while on incoming connections ringing the internal user

Dave Grey lydanynom at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 20:36:36 MST 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 8:39 PM, Oliver Welter wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I digged all the forums but cant find an answer...
> I want that an incoming user (via ISDN) is entertained by some MP3
> music while asterisk is ringing the internal phone to server the
> caller...
>
> I tried "MusicOnHold" but it seems to block and not ring the users.
>
> Any pointers ?
>
> THX

I was about to post the complete output of "show application dial"
from the CLI, but then I thought it would seem like I was being a
smart-ass.  It is extremely informative, though, and I (as someone
new to asterisk) find myself returning to study it frequently. I
highly recommend going over it.  In any case, excerpted from that text:

         'm[(class)]' -- provide hold music to the calling party
until answered (optionally
                       with the specified class.

In other words, Dial(technology/resource,,m) will do what you want.

lyd