[Asterisk-Users] Re: stupidest complaint (forked from jitterbuffer thread)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sat Oct 29 10:32:45 MST 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 13:00, Dave Grey wrote:
> IMO, neither of these examples are stupid, they are exactly the sort
> of thing that * and the whole concept of open telephony/
> communications hardware and software are intended to address.  A
> system that can be whatever the *users* want it to be is what this is
> all about, no?

I disagree.  Technology needs to be adapted to people, yes, but most people
don't have a clue what they really want.  They have some vague ideas and
expect that you are able to meet those needs, even though half the time they
contradict one another.

Having to press OK is a human interface issue.  I agree that it's not
acceptable.  The three lines thing ... depends on what they had in mind.
Showing who's on what line is certainly trivial but do they want more?

-A.