[Asterisk-Users] DTMF recognition unreliable or absent, ringing lost on 2nd half of "3-way" call.

Dave Grey lydanynom at mac.com
Sat Oct 29 09:43:54 MST 2005

On Oct 29, 2005, at 1:20 AM, Ryan wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 02:10:51PM -0400, Dave Grey exclaimed:
>
>> The digits seem to be either not recognized at all or recognized
>> incorrectly better than half the time. [...] I dial 7056 and it
>> sees 7055, I dial 7056 again and it sees 75, I dial 7056 a third
>> time and it sees 7055556, etc.  Seems random and all over the
>> place.  Packet loss and/or
>> ordering?
>
> This is a known issue that is fixed in CVS HEAD. Search for my prior
> emails to track down the bug numbers. Unfortunately this is going to
> require the upstream providers to upgrade to truly fix the issue.
> Basically the RTP packets are coming out of order and have the wrong
> sequence numbers. I started on a band-aid solution using ip_queue,
> but I
> have not had time to finish it up. I will post here if it ever
> materializes.

Thanks for the response.  I am using CVS HEAD, unfortunately, and
still seeing these problems.  When I posted the above, I was using
code checked out and built on 2005-10-11.  Currently, I am running:
Asterisk CVS HEAD built by root at grandview.local on a Power Macintosh
running Darwin on 2005-10-27 19:51:45 UTC.  The behavior doesn't seem
to have changed for me.

Is there anything I should be turning on (or off) to improve matters?

lyd