[Asterisk-Users] Warning - AgentCallBackLogin has changed, Possibly will cause 99% cpu

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Fri Oct 28 16:39:29 MST 2005

As a result of a machine failure today we had to move to another server.
The original server was running cvs-head from about June, the new server
cvs-head as of today.

If you are using AgentCallBackLogin, please be aware that there was a
change to the parameters used by this application made a couple of days
ago. This is from the UPGRADE.txt file:

* The AgentCallBackLogin application now requires a second '|' before
   specifying an extension at context.  This is to distinguish the options
   string from the extension, so that they do not conflict.  See
   'show application AgentCallbackLogin' for more details.

This is *extremely* important - your dialplan will not work unless you
change the application parameters as described. In fact, for us, using
the old parameters caused a) Agent logins not to work and b) 99% cpu usage.

I know that this is documented in the readme, but it probably needs to
be shouted from the rooftop that this is one change that you must
absolutely must make when moving to 1.2 (or cvs-head as of today)

Julian