[Asterisk-Users] x100p (FXO) not being seen by asterisk (is my bestguess) .

Mr. James W. Laferriere babydr at baby-dragons.com
Fri Oct 28 09:05:06 MST 2005

	Hello All ,

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2005, Phil Pritchard wrote:
> > only new to asterisk, but have had some hardware exp.....
> >    stay away from irq9 its tied to irq2 and will always be shared, Paul has
> > the go.. in bios disable serial and or usb (if not using) and make sure irda
> > is not enabled. another one is the lpt port if your not using that, there is
> > another irq you can steel..
> 	ALL & I mean all serial/parrallel/...'everything I can find'... has been
> 	turned off in the bios .  And I have recompiled a kernel with those same
> 	items turned off in it .  That d??ned module wants to load at irq 9 no
> 	matter what I do .  Of course there is no way to set irq's to a
> 	particular pci slot in the bios .
> 	Does anyone now howto set irq say at the boot: or in modprobe.conf ?
> > dont share interrupts, as a rule(if you can help it)... it usually leads to
> > system instability and usually under load.
> 	Quite well understand this point .  Have heard it on this list many
> 	times .  And am doing my best NOT too .
> > UBCD ...(www.ultimatebootcd.com).  has some nice tools that can probe a system
> > to give a second appinion on interrupt conflicts, ram and hard drive
> > errors.....
> > its my best tool for hardware problems..
> 	IMO ,  The mirrors have the su??iest download schemes I have seen in
> 	some time .\IMO
> 	I have yet to burn that image but as soon as I do I'll boot it on that
> 	piece of junk I bought for near next to nothing .  Which is almost what
> 	it is worth ,  Nothing .
> 		Thank you for your input ,  Every bit helps .  JimL

	Finally got that da??ed wcfxo to load on a irq by itself (*).  Had to
	turn off the last item of the onbord devices the ether & buy an ether
	card to get connectivity .  But even with the suggestion by 'Paul' to
	use a two line cord & finally using a singular irq ,  The config's I
	sent last time have not changed .  The x100p/wcfxo combination see the
	line ringing (**) .  But asterisk does NOT see it on the console nor
	does it pick up the line .  Quite frustrating when everything should be
	ok per every example I've seen & still nothing positive to show for it .

	ANY suggestions/questions/... Please pipe up .  Tia ,  JimL

(*)
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 0000:01:01.0
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: Registered Span 1 ('WCFXO/0') with 1 channels
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: Span ('WCFXO/0') is new master
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: New regoffset: 7
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: DAA mode is 'FCC'
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: Found a Wildcard FXO: Wildcard X101P
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: BATTERY!
Oct 28 09:43:47 asterisk-test kernel: Registered tone zone 0 (United States / North America)

(**)
Oct 28 09:46:35 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: RING!
Oct 28 09:46:37 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: NO RING!
Oct 28 09:46:41 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: RING!
Oct 28 09:46:43 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: NO RING!
Oct 28 09:46:47 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: RING!
Oct 28 09:46:49 asterisk-test kernel: wcfxo: NO RING!