[Asterisk-Users] IAX channel options

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Fri Oct 28 07:11:51 MST 2005

I have an installation with four Qwest POTS lines.  For some unknown
reason, Qwest drops the first digit in the dial string, and the call
fails.  To fix that problem, I put a 'W' in the dial string:

QWEST=Zap/g2

exten => _9303NXXXXXX,1,Dial(${QWEST}/W${EXTEN:1})

The client has since complained that, when all four lines are busy, he
cannot make a local call.  So I provided the ability to roll over to
another system to complete the call:

TELECOMMATTERS=IAX2/xxxxxx at sys1a

exten => _9303NXXXXXX,1,ChanIsAvail(${QWEST}&${TELECOMMATTERS})
exten => _9303NXXXXXX,2,Cut(MYCHANNEL=AVAILCHAN,,1)
exten => _9303NXXXXXX,3,Dial(${MYCHANNEL}/W${EXTEN:1})
exten => _9303NXXXXXX,4,Hangup
exten => _9303NXXXXXX,102,Congestion

This works fine for the Qwest line, but Asterisk doesn't absorb the 'W'
for the IAX call--the 'W' is sent as part of the dial string.

Is there a solution for this?

TIA