[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream GXP-2000

Faris Raouf asterisk at raouf.net
Fri Oct 28 06:55:05 MST 2005

Erick Baum wrote:
> We're having a rather serious echo problem using the Grandstream
> GXP-2000's with Asterisk 1.0.9.  I'm wondering if there is something I'm
> overlooking that might be an easy fix.  The echo seems to be worst on
> internal SIP to SIP calls but you do get it every once in a while on
> outgoing calls through the PRI.  It's not the speakerphone echo problem,
> we're running the 1.0.1.12 <http://1.0.1.12> firmware that pretty much
> fixes that.  It seems like most of the echo cancellation functions are
> for outgoing calls through the phone company.  Is this a more likely a
> phone problem?  We've got about 50 of these phones all doing the same
> thing.
>
> --
> | Erick Baum

Hi Eric,

I only have two of these but have not come across an echo problem with
them on SIP at all. Nothing unusual needs to be done to the config at
all. So although I don't know how to help you, you can be assured that
the problem is solvable and not down to the actual phones themselves, if
you see what I mean?

Faris.