[Asterisk-Users] Problem With Sipura

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Oct 28 05:50:47 MST 2005

> Hi
> I have a Sipura SPA 2000 unit and I have configured both the lines in the
> unit. both the lines are configured to use 729.
>
> when I make calls from the lines independently it works great. no problem at
> all.
>
> when line 1 is connected and when I try to make a call using line 2 while
> line 1 is connected I get codec error.
>
> what could be the problem , please help.
>
> I tried this with call the other codecs as well, i still get the same error,
> only when i am tring to make the second active call

If you read the sipura documentation, you'll note they tell you the
spa products will only support "one" g729 conversation at a time.
Supposedly, that's because of the heavy processing requirements associated
with g729 and the limited processing cycles in the spa products.

Use a different codec on the spa and things will work.