[Asterisk-Users] Simple SIP only Asterisk Configuration

Pikoro webmaster at psphacks.net
Thu Oct 27 18:08:18 MST 2005

It is registering with the sip provider.  When I do a CLI> sip show
registry, it shows as registered.

I really think my problem is about contexts.  For some reason, I think I
got the flow of how a call comes in and goes out works.

Is this approximately right?:

Incoming SIP Calls:
PSTN -> SIP Provider -> ASTERISK -> "incoming" context in [general] of
sip.conf -> matching [incoming] in extensions.conf -> sent do wherever
the dialpan says to go.

Outgoing SIP Calls:
Phone -> asterisk > outgoing context in [ext] of sip.conf -> matching
[outgoing] context in extensions.con -> sent to do whatever the dialpan
says to do.

If that's wrong, please let me know :D

Cheers