[Asterisk-Users] Delay ReInvite

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 13:25:09 MST 2005

Hi all,

this is probably a asterisk-devel question but I'll try it here first.

Is there a way to delay a ReInvite on SIP? I have an issue where my
provider's server is only ~1 ms RTT away and for about 1/3 of the
incoming calls I get a "482 Loop Detected" error because the ReInvite
is processed by the calling server before the ACK packet on Answer().
Asterisk ReInvites right after answering and both packets leave my end
virtually simultaneously (within 0.1 ms based on time stamp in
tcpdump). I looked at the code in CVS and the 482 Loop Detected
message is sent back when an Invite comes in with a call ID of a
pending outgoing invite that has not yet been answered (at least this
is how I understand it) -- and in this case it would be a loop.

It's not a major issue because the calling end re-tries the Invite in
a second and then it usually works. This is quite reproducible on my
setup and I can provide tcpdump captures if anyone has some ideas.

Luki