[Asterisk-Users] Is it possible to generate or play some white noise in Asterisk?

C F shmaltz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 12:12:22 MST 2005

First you could adjust the rtp timeout (I think its in sip.conf),
second the white noise (or CNG, Cofort Noise Gen) is something that
was added to the bug tracker not too long ago, although only as an
application right now, but if more ppl test it and report (even just
that it works) it will push it further, I cant remember the bug number
and don't have the time right now to search for it, but it was done by
the same person that fixed up that MOH shouldn't use the incoming
stream as the timer so that VAD connections still have nice MOH. This
hould help you search for it.