[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel stop hangs server

bdolljr at bigskytech.com bdolljr at bigskytech.com
Thu Oct 27 09:54:22 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 10/26/2005 06:53:51 PM:

> I have two TE110P cards.
> If I stop the Zaptel service, the whole server hangs.
> I have had this issue with 1.0.7, 1.0.8 ,1.0.9 and 1.0.9.2.
>
> The server is a Dell 1750 with all unnecessary BIOS options off (USB,
> Serial, Second NIC, etc)
> It is Dual CPU.
> There are no shared Interrupts.
>
> please advise if anyone has had this issue and figured it out.

I had this same problem...  I found that using zaptel 1.2.0 beta1 works
fine.  I contacted Digium support and detailed the problem using the
TE110p and zaptel 1.0.x.  I also let them know that modprobe'ing and
rmmod'ing using zaptel 1.2.0 beta1 worked fine.  They told me it was safe
to use the 1.2.0 beta1 version with libpri 1.0.9 and asterisk 1.0.9 using
the TE110p.  I am a little nervous about running this way, however, it
does seem to work.  I offered to let someone log into my machine to debug
this issue and was told that since the machine locks it would be to hard
to debug this problem and just go ahead and use the 1.2.0 beta1 version.
Seems like someone would have been interested as to why this config
doesn't work with STABLE zaptel.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Bill