[Asterisk-Users] Aussie Call home!

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Oct 26 21:28:58 MST 2005

Once upon a time Wednesday 26 October 2005 11:17 pm, James Sturges wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have some people going to the US, namely LA & Las Vegas.
>
> And I would like to organize a local normal phone number for them to dial.
>
> No problem on the tech stuff, but don't know the local providers in the US
> of A!!
maybe look at broadvoice   being from oz i know all about trans continental
setups
> The idea is the number would be with a VOIP SIP service which I would like
> to link to our Asterisk box over here in Australia.
>
> So then they can dial the number and get to our switch board.
>
> Also, is there a mobile provider we could use that would allow us to call
> that VOIP number as a reasonable rate.
Mobile providers here pretty much suck  I personnaly use tmobile as they are
on a GSM network  so when i go home for hoildays i can take my phone.  they
do offer prepaid services  so your guys could bring there phones and get sim
cards here .  they would need to be Tri or Quad band phones  as they decided
to use different a spectrum here.

> We are doing this with places in Australia, but was asking the group who
> would be the best US VOIP provider to use for these localities.
Cheers

Dennis