[Asterisk-Users] Re: web management interface

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Oct 26 17:57:24 MST 2005

Will this work if I am using text file configs?

I started with AMP, but didn't like the limitations.
I disabled the DB config parts, but still use the other features of AMP.

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.
---    -      ---  - - -       -    -     -   -   --  - - - --- - ------   -
 - --- - - -- -  -    - --   -   -    -
"Dan Littlejohn" <dan.littlejohn at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:b1fb43ef0510261332t1a26023av37ecc86bb1877011 at mail.gmail.com...
Chris:

ARI has been recently expanded into this space for end user
configuration.  Don't know if you looked at it.
  http://www.littlejohnconsulting.com/?q=node/11

It is works well coupled with AMP, but can be run stand alone as well.
 Installation very easy and there are few dependencies.  Just unzip
the tarball into /var/www/html and configuring the file
  /var/www/html/recordings/includes/main.conf

Features:
  web Call Monitor recordings access
  web Voicemail access
  For end user settings
    i18n language setting
    voicemail password setting
    voicemail audio format playback setting
    call monitor settings

I just spent a good bit of time over the last couple of weeks changing
the architecture to make it easy to add custom modules (contact me if
you would like to write one) and will be adding alot of end user
features shortly.  Sure there is room for both solutions, this one is
PHP based.

Regards;
Dan Littlejohn
dan at littlejohnconsulting.com

On 26 Oct 2005 15:29:39 -0400, astgroups <astgroups at adelphia.net> wrote:
> [...]
> > knowledge of asterisk except for some basic concepts of how things
> > relate to each other.  Such as contexts in a dialplan and how they
> > relate to the context assigned to a sip/iax user, etc..  The interface
> > is for day to day management of areas such as the dialplan and
> > configuring new providers and phones in sip.conf and iax.conf.  Things
> > that an end user would want to change on their own.  It also includes
> > a nice voicemail interface for voicemail users,  and some ability to
> > manage/monitor asterisk via the manager api.
> >
> > One of the main features is the ability to write canned scripts that
> > have associated configuration pages.  A script is a text file with the
> > script, and a YAML definition file.  In the text file you can put
> > variable placeholders, and in the YAML file you define the variables.
> > The web interface then builds an html form based on the text file and
> > the YAML definition.  This way it's easy to add configurable sections
> > in extensions.conf without having to change any of the base code.  For
> > instance providing canned scripts for extensions, call routing, voice
> > menu's, etc..  If you have a script that needs a more custom web
> > interface you can do that also by just creating the html form by
> > hand.  The same template approach is also used for configuring phones.
> >
> > Since we will be using this for local and remote installations, we
> > also needed multi tenant capability.   A basic multi tenant feature
> > set is built in, so multiple businesses can be maintained on one copy
> > of asterisk.
> >
> > Another requirement we had is to be able to coexist with an existing
> > asterisk installation, instead of requring that the management
> > interface take over all the asterisk config files.  All you have to do
> > with asterisk is add one include line in each .conf file you want to
> > manage.
> >
> > And last but not least,  another reason we couldn't use any of the
> > existing interfaces is that almost without exception all of them were
> > too difficult to install.  Or more correctly unnecessarily difficult.
> > We need to have something we can hand our clients and know they will
> > be able to install the thing and run it with little difficulty.
> > Since this interface uses ruby on rails, it includes a built in
> > webserver, and the installation is a matter of untarring the
> > distribution into a directory, changing the ownership of the directory
> > to something asterisk can read, and running the start script to bring
> > up the webserver.  If we can work out a bug in tar2rubyscript that
> > makes it fail on freebsd, then the distribution will be just one
> > single executable that you can run as is.
> >

> > I would be very interested in hearing about what features people would
> > like in a tool like this.  Keeping in mind that it's not a complete
> > asterisk system and is designed to work with existing installations.
> > I will post a live demo in the next week or so once we get the first

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: