[Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as trunk - no caller ID

Kerry Garrison support at techdatapros.com
Wed Oct 26 13:20:11 MST 2005

Yes I do have that set to Yes.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of John Daragon
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 11:05 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] SPA3000 as trunk - no caller ID

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> A phone plugged into it will grab the CID on about the second ring and
> I have adjusted the SPA3000 out to 5 rings with no difference. What
> gets passed to asterisk is whatever is set in the 3000's Display Name
> field. If the Display Name field is blank, then nothing comes across
> and the phones display 'Unknown'. I have been wondering if there is a
> variable you can put into the display field. There are some fields
> that use variables like $PROXY and $NOTIFY, of course simply trying $CID
uses '$CID' as the caller ID.

You don't need any clever manipulation tricks with the current firmware.
  Have you got PSTN CID for VOIP CID set to yes ?

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: