[Asterisk-Users] clarification please: accountcode, pri channel groups, and CDR

Gary Reuter gary.reuter at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 19:31:38 MST 2005

Hi,
I have a question regarding the behaviour of the 'accountcode' setting in
zapata.conf for PRI channel groups:
I'm assuming the accountcode can be different for each channel-group, and
applies just like the context (i.e. the accountcode setting for a channel
group will have no effect when this group is used for outbound calls).
I have TE405P with all four spans in use, three to telcos, one to a legacy
PBX.
For incoming DIDs on the telco spans, I need to use SetAccount if I want to
differentiate.
Will all calls initiated by the legacy PBX span use the accountcode for this
channel-group (same as it does context)?
Does the 'group' for the channels apply only to outbound (ie Dial/gX) and
the context and accountcode apply for calls inititated by the channels in
the group?

Thanks