[Asterisk-Users] HELP!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Oct 25 14:04:53 MST 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 16:59, Brian C. Fertig wrote:
> Oct 25 16:53:56 WARNING[29761]: chan_sip.c:4826 check_auth: Stale nonce
> received from '<sip:107 at sip.planet-telecom.com;user=phone>'

First off, it's a warning.  It's not a bad thing.  It should be relegated to
higher debug status, IMO since it's just informational.

Stale nonces occur when the far side tries to reregister with credentials that
asterisk has expired.  Asterisk sends back a "no thanks" and the far side
starts a full registration process.

To "cure" it you need to get Asterisk and your SIP device agreeing on how long
a nonce is good for.  As I'm not a SIP expert I'll defer to voip-info.org.

-A.