[Asterisk-Users] How to configure the communication between two Asterisk servers

Jesse Keating jkeating at gamehouse.com
Tue Oct 25 11:28:29 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:15 -0700, Tielin Xu wrote:
> How does server B receive the message from server A?
>
> Many thanks for your help.

Nintendo eh?  The Redmond office?  Thats near where I live.

So let me make sure I understand the problem.  Server A needs to get
information from Server B about where to send the call to, which will
most likely be somewhere from Server B, since all SIP phones go to
server B?

Why not use switch?  We do something like that.

We have 'Pandora' which is at a remote location connected to PSTN.  We
have 'Asterisk' which is local and all sip phones are connected to.
'Asterisk' has a context in dialplan that lists all the sip extensions
and how to dial them and whatnot.  'Pandora' has a line within the
context of the incomign PSTN calls that says:

switch => IAX2/Asterisk/sipphones

thats it!  Basically it 'includes' the sipphones context on Asterisk
into the call plan for Pandora.  Works great.  Does this help you?

--
Jesse Keating
GameHouse -- Systems Engineer