[Asterisk-Users] iaxmodem

pbx at itsngroup.com pbx at itsngroup.com
Tue Oct 25 11:02:05 MST 2005

The comment below makes me wonder could ttyIAX be configured to answer
mgetty?

I have made the mgetty talk to ttyIAX however, as soon as a ring comes
into th eextension , mgetty shuts down... so I cannot keep the signal up.

I tried to use the pppd daemon directly with ttyIAX and it said that the
link is in serial loopback disconnecting.

Would using iaxModem be feasable for a pppd dialin, or how could I use
mgetty with pppd to start it?

thanks....