[Asterisk-Users] H323 REGISTRATION PROBLEM: Gatekeeper 'Nortel_H323_Gatekeeper@.. ' found but failed to register

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Tue Oct 25 10:30:15 MST 2005

>Hi all
>
>First of all excuse me if i make such a big post, hope
>also to write in the right place.
>
>I need to connect my linux/asterisk (10.0.0.252) box
>to a Nortel PBX (192.168.1.10) with h323
>I'd like to allow some phones to register via sip to
>asterisk and
>with these to the Nortel PBX wich gives me the
>connections to the outside world (phone)
>
>after downloading and compiling the latest asterisk
>source from cvs
>OpenH323 v1.15.6, PWlib v1.8.7 (Mimas version from
>Voxgratia)
>and oh323-0.7.3 from
>http://www.inaccessnetworks.com/projects/asterisk-oh323/download/asterisk-oh323-0.7.3.tar.gz
>
>starting asterisk i get

< snip>

Hi,
I had the same problem in the same configuration. Asterisk finds the gatekeeper but it uses the wrong interface when it it should register.
the problem is in the Mimas-patch2 release.
change your pwlib to v1_9_1 and openh323 to version v1_17_2 then your registration works (again).

Freddi